Salary Range: TBD
Employer: Myeloma Canada Research Network
Location: Toronto, Ontario (GTA)
Date Posted: March 28, 2019
Closing Date: April 15, 2019
Start date: May 6, 2019
Job Description Summary:
Hours: 35 HRS/week; 8:00-4:00 or 9:00-5:00, Monday-Friday
Status: Permanent Full Time
Level: Two Years Experience
Education & Qualifications:
- At minimum Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent. Post secondary education in secretarial arts program preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles
- Two years experience in administrative assistant role in a related area.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with organizational standards
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of basic accounting entries and sage 50 or similar accounting software.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Executive Assistant must have significant experience in managing time and tasks within an extremely busy professional office environment, and have the ability to focus on the priorities of a rapidly changing day. The successful incumbent has excellent MS Office applications skills, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; superb organizational and time management skills and the ability to multitask effectively. They will show initiative and work well with people throughout the organization.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Calendar Management: Proactive independent management of calendar for assigned staff. Responsible for booking and adjusting electronic schedules as needed due to absences, appointment conflicts and emergencies.
- Meeting and Event Coordinator: Coordinates meeting by booking venues, organizing material, schedule flights and accommodation, taking minutes and following up on the action item. Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and material.
- Report/Data Management: Prepares edits routine correspondence and documents using existing templates. Enters information into spreadsheets/databases from readily available sources. Creates, maintains and distributes databases based on information from various sources. Assists in preparation of documents with high organizational values and confidentiality such as proposals, grant applications, annual reports and professional publications.
- Financial Support: Administers/monitors billing procedures and financial transactions such as invoicing, sub-contracted agreements, cheques requisitions and expense tracking/reporting. File supporting documents for audit purposes. Coordinates financial billing and payment activities through accounting software such as Sage50. Performs routine budgetary support functions: reconciles financial statements and notifies appropriate persons for follow-up. Files supporting documentations for audit purposes.
- Office Organization/Document Filing: Support the organization with file and document management. Crates filing structure for financial, regulatory and corporate documents, organize, and file documents in accordance with the structure created.
Myeloma Canada Research Network (MCRN) is a non-profit research organization specializing in research in multiple myeloma. MRCN research program consists of clinical and basic research initiatives ranging from interventional drug trials to basic research activity complementing the clinical trial activity. MCRN aims to advance research and bring the latest treatments available to the patients in Canada
MCRN THANKS ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Interested candidates please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org